I’ve called Crossfit the Fountain of Youth for seven years now, but I just read a post on Facebook that really puts that into perspective. That’s where this post title comes from.
Mike Poulin shared this post on the CF Masters page on Facebook that I like to keep an eye on. I think he nailed it, don’t you? He’s 62. I’m almost 58 and I know exactly where he’s coming from. He’s funny, and his post had 250 likes in about 20 minutes. My favorite part?
The Fountain of Youth now comes in a BOX!
I liked his post so much, I wanted to share with you.
“I am 62 and am seriously considering quitting CF. In 2 1/2 years the gains I have made are beyond my wildest expectations. I am lighter, stronger, faster, healthier etc. etc. etc. However, all this healthiness comes with some pitfalls and I am now weighing the pros and cons of continuing.
Here are my top ten reasons I am considering stopping CF:
1. I find it annoying to be carded each and every time I ask for a senior citizen discount.
2. I never get to ride in those cool Walmart electric scooters.
3. I can no longer get out of shoveling snow, moving furniture, or lifting heavy stuff.
4. I find it increasingly difficult playing the “I’m old” card at the box (or anywhere else for that matter).
5. When at a CF competition, there is usually no one my age to play with.
6. My co-workers all think I am crazy.
7. All those health care premiums I pay are being wasted.
8. My doctor and I have nothing to talk about during my annual physical exam.
9. I have a closet full of clothes that no longer fit.
10. I have a lot more laundry I have to do.
The Fountain of Youth now comes in a BOX!”
Thanks, Mike, for reminding us of all the excellent things we shouldn’t take for granted. The Master’s community is strong. (and so are we)